So I've been doing some experiments together with Ixillius these past two days trying to figure out why some players get separated from their bodies and turn into anomalies when they enter a Class I Magic Rift.
Now for some reason I couldn't turn into an anomaly on my main account who sided with the consortium (we've tried for over an hour), so I decided to check a lot of possible situations on alt accounts trying to figure out what could've triggered this side effect:
- Having done no living story content
- After completing the first living story chapter
- After seeing / defeating the legendary anomaly
- After hugging a sad anomaly
- After obtaining the broken shadow stone
- After fixing the shadow stone
- After using the shadow stone
- After giving the shadow stone to the consortium
- After consuming concentrated krait oil
Long story short: it's caused by using the shadowstone on yourself. All other situations ended in me jumping around for 20 minutes straight with no side effects whatsoever.
In all, I don't think it was such a great idea to use the shadowstone on yourself.